Here are some opportunities for you to serve through Safe Families.
- Host Family: Motivated solely by compassion, volunteer families open their home to children in crisis, and provide a safe and loving atmosphere for them on a temporary basis, without compensation, and at no cost to the parent(s). Learn more
- Family Friend: Volunteers provide child care when Host Families or parents being served run an errand; accompany or transport parents to medical appointments; offer a listening ear; or become a parent’s mentor in time of crisis. Learn more
- Family Coach: During a hosting arrangement, volunteer coaches help facilitate the co-parenting relationship between the SFFC Host Family and parent being served and ensure the well-being of the child(ren) while coordinating communications between staff, Host Family and the family being served. Learn more
- Resource Friend: Most children come to Safe Families with very few supplies and possessions and Host Families are not reimbursed for any expenses they incur. Therefore the donation
of children’s items including (but not limited to) diapers, formula, cribs, car seats, strollers, and clothing are essential, as well as services—dental, haircuts, medical advice, etc. Learn more
- Frontline Volunteer: Be the first voice of compassion for parents who call seeking help. You can come into the office or have phone calls transferred directly to you for the day. email for email@example.com for additional information about this opportunity.